Earth Celebration Countermeasures for COVID-19
During the EC 2020 live broadcasts, Kodo members will perform or talk without masks at times, and in close proximity to one another. We realize this may be a cause of concern for the audience in light of the current pandemic situation.
We want to reassure everyone tuning in that we, the organizers of Earth Celebration and all of Kodo, are taking extra care to prevent the spread of COVID-19, in line with recommendations from our local health authorities.
To minimize any concern for our supporters and the citizens of Sado Island, we would like to explain some of the many countermeasures we have in place for this year’s event.
All performing members and festival staff are following strict hygiene guidelines throughout the event.
Everyone off camera is wearing a mask.
All Kodo performers and EC staff continue to check their temperature twice a day, and report it to their supervisor. Earth Celebration Committee and the Kodo Group continue to put health and safety first by keeping in close contact with Sado Heath, Welfare and Environment Department and updating our measures based on the latest information.
This year, we have invited the minimum number of external staff required to carry out this live-stream event. All staff have been asked to follow the same strict guidelines as the EC Committee and the Kodo Group, and to closely monitor their physical condition and temperature for two weeks prior to coming in contact with the cast and crew here on Sado Island.
We will check everyone’s temperature and condition each day, and take care as we hold our festival without an onsite audience.
We sincerely hope you enjoy this year’s Earth Celebration online.
Earth Celebration Committee
- Official photo gallery for Earth Celebration 2020
- “KENTAtaku YUTAtaku” is back for a solo live performance!
- EC 2020 Video Archive Info
- Thank you for your warm support!
- Thank you to everyone joined EC 2020!
- Update on Online Exhibition: “Living, Learning, and Creating 2020”
- EC Online Market is closing soon!
- EC 2020 Timetable Updated!
- For anyone who missed out on the EC Channel Live-Stream!
- Earth Celebration Countermeasures for COVID-19
- Online Exhibition: “Living, Learning, and Creating 2020” is now OPEN
- Earth Celebration Channel – Live-stream URL released!
- EC Site Renewal plus Online Market Now Open!
- Announcement No. 3 | EC Channel Programme & Timetable Now Available!
- EC 2020 T-shirt Design Winner Announced!
- Applications for Online Workshops & EC Online Market Stalls now open!
- Announcement No. 2 | Lineup of EC 2020 Online Events
- Seeking original designs from around the world for this year’s EC t-shirt!
- Announcement No. 1 | Kodo All-Star Special Performance
- Announcement of EC 2020 Event Details Postponed Until Late May
- Official photo gallery for Earth Celebration 2019